Show HN: When Will I Run Out Of Money? (weekend project) https://ift.tt/uKI3VRB

Show HN: When Will I Run Out Of Money? (weekend project) Hi everyone, I’ve been on Hacker News for a good number of years, but this is my first “Show HN”. I changed jobs recently. Tax is weird in Europe (and maybe other places as well?) in that different amounts go out at different times and repeat at various intervals. I needed to make sure I had enough cashflow to make all upcoming payments, I didn't want any surprises. So I created a little tool for my own purposes, then had fun putting a small HTML frontend on it as I thought it might be useful for someone else. I'm a backend developer in my day job, as you can probably tell from the design :) There are other tools out there that do a similar thing, but they normally require you to upload the relevant data to other people's servers, which I wasn't comfortable with for financial data. Also I didn't fancy paying anyone for a service as small as this. I'm posting it here in the hope that it's useful to someone. And to gather feedback, let me know what you think. https://ift.tt/PiEnD30 August 29, 2023 at 07:44PM

Comments

Popular Posts