Show HN: Toybox – A Laravel TALL starter kit for solopreneurs https://ift.tt/suhUB3p

Show HN: Toybox – A Laravel TALL starter kit for solopreneurs Hey peeps! Here's a project I've been working on for the last two months. It initially started as trying to be a simplified boilerplate for Laravel, but I think it's gone a bit beyond that. With recent tooling releases in the Laravel ecosystem, there's a ton of exciting tools to work with, but it's either annoying to set it all up every time, or it's difficult to try and gather it all up for every piece you'll need for your SaaS. To that end, Toybox attempts to collate what is in my opinion the best of modern Laravel, and while being simple to start, run and launch with. This is how I also came up with the name - pick and choose all your favourite Laravel toys and see how quickly you can build products with it. I've never been a fan of Docker and similar tools. While I see their value, I've generally not had a good experience and it always felt like a waste of my time trying to debug infrastructure instead of writing application code. So on that front Toybox goes back to basics - it targets only one stack, and is made to be able to initialise its repository, provision the server it is currently on, and deploy itself from your local machine, all with Bash scripts. Lastly, I tried to include guidance and support for scaling beyond an MVP and Bash scripts: The README includes tons of recommendations for various services & tools for all manner of things you need for your SaaS. https://ift.tt/cLXakQv August 29, 2023 at 02:26PM

Comments

Popular Posts