Show HN: I Wrote a Book on PostgreSQL for Rails https://ift.tt/eAJrBF1

Show HN: I Wrote a Book on PostgreSQL for Rails Hi HN. As a backend developer using PostgreSQL and Ruby on Rails for more than 10 years, around 3 years ago, I caught a spark to learn as much as I could about how to operate high performance, scalable, and reliable PostgreSQL databases. As I reflected on my own career path, I realized there are other developers that may want to learn more about this. I saw an opportunity to help show backend developers how they could put advanced, powerful, PostgreSQL features to use, to help build and scale their Rails apps. I've been fortunate to give presentations in both the PostgreSQL and Rails communities over the last couple of years. In that time I've continued to work with these technologies every day. With that said, I'd love for you to check out my new book: "High Performance PostgreSQL for Rails". Currently in ebook/PDF Beta form. While it's only an ebook for now, there's an expected physical version coming in early 2024. Today you can pick up the PDF/ebook version for 40% off using code: turkeysale2023 There are free PDF excerpts you can check out, to see if this book is for you, or something you'd recommend to others. The book is currently on the weekly Best Seller list at Pragmatic Programmers, where it's appeared several times in the last couple of months. The book focuses exclusively on open source software like PostgreSQL and Ruby on Rails, adding more than 40 Ruby gems and PostgreSQL extensions into the stack of tools. The Rails application used throughout the book is available on GitHub. Whether you work with Rails or another similar MVC full-stack framework or ORM like Laravel, Django, or Prisma, I hope there’s something useful in the book for you or your colleagues. I love writing, learning, and sharing, and advocating for PostgreSQL and Ruby on Rails! Thanks for your support! https://ift.tt/TyMxsBQ November 25, 2023 at 01:29AM

Comments

Popular Posts