Show HN: Thank You, Hacker News https://ift.tt/t2iqosh

Show HN: Thank You, Hacker News I was just browsing through the "Who got hired?" thread (https://ift.tt/jF2b6KM) and it caused me to think about all of the things that happened in my real life due to HN. In 2012 I was hired from a post in the "Who's Hiring" thread that turned out to be a complete life and career transformation. It was at a very famous company that everyone here has heard of and used. They were pre-IPO and I got to be a "part" of that IPO. It exposed me to people smarter than I had ever met, and allowed me to learn from them. It allowed me a path into "big tech" that I did not otherwise have, and has made a rather enormous difference in my net worth over the last decade+. And also, I have hired 3 other people from those threads into a great company with great pay, great support, great people...and they've all been wonderful hires. And also, HN is the reason I live in the house I do today. My wife and I bought a fixer-upper in our dream neighborhood that turned out to be a teardown. I was getting ready to walk away and sell at a loss, but via HN ended up meeting a custom home builder in my area who turned out to be amazing and built us our home, which we moved into in 2020. Anyway, just a shoutout and a thanks to this site and this community. It's more than just an online forum for me :) June 2, 2023 at 04:19PM

Comments

Popular Posts