Show HN: wallstreetlocal – View investments from America's biggest companies https://ift.tt/Tg7XFm6

Show HN: wallstreetlocal – View investments from America's biggest companies Hello Hacker News! My name is Anonyo, and I am a seventeen-year-old from Southeast Michigan. This is wallstreetlocal, my passion project for the last year (and a half). I've posted this before, but I've finally open-sourced this entire project, so I thought I'd post it again. Heres the short pitch. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) keeps record of every company in the United States. Companies whose holdings surpass $100 million though, are required to file a special type of form: the 13F form. This form, filed quarterly, discloses the filer's holdings, providing transparency into their investment activities and allowing the public and other market participants to monitor them. The problem though, is that these holdings are often cumbersome to access, and valuable analysis is often hidden behind a paywall. Through wallstreetlocal, the SEC's 13F filers become more accessible and open. By exploring the website (and the code), you can see the resources I used, check out some notable money managers I listed, and download any data that suits you. All for free. (Note, the mobile site likely needs work.) I made this project to better democratize SEC filings, and also to get some experience on my hands. I love computers, and one day hope to get involved with startups. In the comments, I'd appreciate any and all advice, as well as feedback on how to improve the site. https://ift.tt/rUGBw3z March 8, 2024 at 11:32PM

Comments

Popular Posts