Show HN: DevBuddies – where programming buddies work together https://ift.tt/OIrJ2Ks

Show HN: DevBuddies – where programming buddies work together Hi there, I’m a developer and I have always struggled with design aspects and have always been in need for a designer. There used to be a website called programmermeetdesigner.com, but that shut down a long time ago. I have never found a place like that anymore, so after 15 year of having the desire for a place like that I have decided to make it myself. Hence DevBuddies. DevBuddies is a place focussed on developers looking for other people to help them with development and design, and I also added marketing, entrepreneurship and coaching/mentoring. Of course nowadays there are a lot of other ways and places to meet other developers, designers, etc, but not like I wanted it. DevBuddies is not that special or complex (this is the best sales talk you are ever going to see..), but I just wanted it like that. However. I have no wish for growing a community or pushing this into the world, which is probably necessary for DevBuddies to be ‘successful’. I just wanted to fulfill a long-standing wish to create DevBuddies. That’s also the reason that for initial content I have decided to add Reddit content through scraping. This is actually not a bad thing since that content is now better searchable by DevBuddies users and adds value for them. Anyhow, if you have any ambitions for something to help me out on growing DevBuddies or take it over let me know. For now, enjoy DevBuddies! https://buddies.dev/ March 6, 2024 at 12:39AM

Comments

Popular Posts