Show HN: macOS GUI for running LLMs locally https://ift.tt/TA49j7r

Show HN: macOS GUI for running LLMs locally Hello HN, I've been working on this project for a while, and it has been in an "open" beta for some time. I finally believe it's ready for its first release. I hope you like it. Here are some potential questions that may arise: 1. How does it compare to LM Studio? It's likely that if you're already using LM Studio, you'll continue to do so. This project is designed to be more user-friendly. 2. Is it open-source? No, it is not. 3. Does it use any open-source libraries? Yes, it uses llama.cpp and a few others, as indicated in the license information included with the application. 4. Why is not using electronjs? Two reasons, I wanted total control over the whole tech-stack and second, I wanted to be able to send this to my friends over iMessage. 5. Does it support Intel macs? It should, but I couldn't test it. 6. Does it support older macOS? 12.6 is the lowest version at the moment. 7. Is XXX a bug? Probably :) https://www.avapls.com/ September 19, 2023 at 01:21AM

Comments

Popular Posts