Show HN: PurePlates – A Recipe Scraping iOS App https://ift.tt/Net0bmO

Show HN: PurePlates – A Recipe Scraping iOS App Hey Everyone! This is my first post on Hacker News, and I wanted to share my project with you! From a young age, I dreamed of becoming a chef, but life took me down the path of software engineering instead. Nevertheless, my passion for creating delicious meals has always remained close to my heart. This journey led me to seek out recipes to enhance my cooking skills, but I often found myself frustrated by the websites I encountered—ads everywhere, walls of text, and recipes that were difficult to follow. That’s where PurePlates comes in. PurePlates allows users to share a recipe through their mobile browser or simply copy and paste the URL directly into the app. In an instant, you receive a scraped recipe that includes instructions, ingredients, and any available nutrition information. You can easily start cooking and follow along step by step, making the process much more enjoyable. Plus, if you find a recipe you love, you can add it to your favorites for quick access later! As this is just an MVP, there’s still plenty of room for improvement, and I’m actively working on enhancing the extraction rate for recipes. Thanks for reading, and keep hacking! Connor https://ift.tt/letPxfy September 30, 2024 at 08:59PM

Comments