Show HN: HN stories categorized by topics of interest https://ift.tt/9crS8mA

Show HN: HN stories categorized by topics of interest Hi HN, TL;DR: I made a website that takes all the top stories on HN and categorizes them into one of ten topics of interest using LangChain and GPT-4. I've always liked the idea of getting a personal mix of news tailored to my interests. Hacker News is pretty close to that ideal, which is reflected in the time I spend on here every day. It's a great mix, but playing with LangChain, I got the idea for a weekend project. Roughly speaking most posts on HN fall into one of these categories: * Programming, Software & Computer Science * AI, Data Science & Analytics * Business & Entrepreneurship * Science & Research * Cybersecurity & Digital Safety * Design, User Experience & Creativity * Finance & Economics in Tech * Work Culture & Career Development * Media, Content & Communication * General & Diverse Interests Using langchain with GPT-4 Turbo (JSON mode), I sort every top submission into one of the above. Costs for using the API are currently at 15$ a month, with few optimizations. For ease of use I also added the possibility to consume the news topics via a responsive webpage, RSS and email digest (daily,weekly,monthly). https://hnto.pics/ February 3, 2024 at 03:30AM

Comments

Popular Posts