Show HN: I built a Slack bot to answer the question who owns what https://ift.tt/ViboSWP

Show HN: I built a Slack bot to answer the question who owns what Hi, I built a slack bot called "whoowns". It helps remote distributed teams by answering the question who owns what straight where collaboration happens; in slack. I've worked in a remote distributed team for 3 years and grew frustrated after so many re-orgs, people moving between teams, team name changes.. you name it! it gets confusing knowing who owns what -- which for one makes for a less ideal oncall and often evolves into a ping pong of slack messages. So! its free and asks for the most minimal data access that I could get down to: some questions it can answer all in 1 place - Who's oncall for this service? - Which team owns X? - I cant find which team owns X - oh its called by the another term. - What channel should I go to to ask a question? - What is service X? - Where can I find the link to the runbooks? next features i plan on working on - connect a notion table (for those who's org chart is saved there) - list repositories without codeowners - search mono-repositories that are owned by multiple team owners - list services without active oncall schedules - and more.. thoughts? have other ideas of what you'd like to see? https://www.whoowns.bot December 24, 2023 at 01:43AM

Comments

Popular Posts