Show HN: A minimalist net worth tracker for individuals https://ift.tt/8Ij7Ku1

Show HN: A minimalist net worth tracker for individuals Hi HN, Today I'm launching the Net Worth Tracker by Flow Finance, a beautiful and minimalist Excel template that allows individuals to track their assets, liabilities, income, and spending on a monthly basis. The focus of this template is understanding long-term trends in the incoming and outgoing expenses for an individual—always with a focus on maximising insights while minimising user inputs. This project was created because the alternatives, frankly, are completely overwhelming. A friend of mine introduced me to the FIRE Movement and, after doing deep dives through Reddit, I tried to find templates to help facilitate a financial tracking system of my own. Every template felt like complete overkill: portfolio tracking for shares, mortgage repayment calculators, even a kind of speedometer which moved depending on my savings rate. Clever, no doubt, but unnecessary for my purposes. After years of tinkering and refining what I truly wanted out of this spreadsheet, I realised it was to clearly understand the flows of my finances. This spreadsheet does not attempt to compete with a typical FIRE spreadsheet or tools like YNAB/Mint, it is about capturing the big picture once a month and essentially taking a snapshot of my financial health. I've priced this spreadsheet at $15 which I believe is a fair price for the value you'll see in taking more control over your personal finances, however as an added incentive (and because I am proud of what I've created and would love more people to use it), I'm currently offering a 50% discount to all HN users, who can use the code f3g27mt at the Gumroad checkout. Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope this product can assist you as much as it has for me. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have so please feel free to comment below or reach out at contact@getflow.finance. Thank you! https://ift.tt/I9mJqQw April 13, 2023 at 04:37AM

Comments

Popular Posts