Show HN: Koinos Kosmos – News from Around the World https://ift.tt/AyHlk3t

Show HN: Koinos Kosmos – News from Around the World A little project to display news from around the world, from a local source. I wanted to see what people all over the world might be thinking or dealing with and I think this does a decent job at it. Many of the sites are the national news agency, when I didn't find one, I then chose a popular news site. I selected for English first and only when there wasn't one, I took the website and then run translate it. This means that the news sources are biased for English speakers, possibly expats. Please let me know if there is a better representative news source. The missing countries are Kiribati, Micronesia, Nauru and Tuvalu. An interesting note is that many countries had English news but African countries seemed to only have French and South American countries only had Spanish. These places didn't have English alternatives which might say something about their own identity, maybe it is stronger there or they don't have much to do with the West? https://ift.tt/VFvE6Gb January 16, 2023 at 10:43AM

Comments

Popular Posts